Thursday, April 30, 2009

GoldieLocks


GoldieLocks says;
Alright? I'm Goldie, I live in Croydon. I'm 75% English and 25% Swedish.

I'm a producer and 'rapper' / singer. I'm not very techy, I don't like wires or being a computer boff, it takes me a while to work things out but when I work it out it sounds amazing. To me anyway.

I'd rather have respect than money, and I am ALWAYS original. There is nothing more I hate than copy cats or fakers. I hate people who chat bullshit, drop names or buy champagne. Music means more to me than a new car, fresh garms or a chain.

So far I've had 2 singles and an EP released through Locked On, I have a publishing deal with Puregroove, songs featured in the film 'Adulthood', played at some amazing places around the world and been in some cool magazines. Not bad for a girl from Croydon who left school at 16 to go and work in JD Sports, but I'm still only just starting.

I always have and always will be independent. I run my own empire. I have the last say. I don't rely on other people to do anything, because they always fuck it up. I don't care if you hate what I do, because there's a small percentage of people who love it.

People always ask me what style my music is. I don't know really, a bit of Electro, a bit of Grime, a bit of Dub, a bit of Garage, and a bit of Pop. I more look up to guys than girls, I've never been a girly girl and most females in the music industry are used, abused, and rubbish (or groupies).

(more)

No comments:

Post a Comment